How to Root your Yes 4G Eclipse Smartphone

I am sure you will not find this anywhere else on the internet. :)

Now, before you proceed, please note: I AM NOT LIABLE TO ANY DAMAGES YOU DO TO YOUR PHONE. AND YOU WILL VOID YOUR WARRANTY ON YOUR YES ECLIPSE. DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK!

Now, if you have accepted the risks, here is how you do it on a Windows machine (sorry, Mac folks).



1. Download SuperOneClick 1.6.5

Just Google to find the file. Extract the files and run SuperOneClick.exe.

2. Plug in your Eclipse to the USB port of your computer

I tested it on a Windows 7 machine and it works fine.

3. Select Exploit type

Select rageagainstthecage

3. Click Root


That's it! You Eclipse is now Rooted.

Note that if you do an OTA (over the air) update on your phone, you will need to re-root your phone.

I've tested a few Root required apps and will share what works and what doesn't in the next post. Stay tuned.

Comments

  1. Possible to install a different ROM?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I doubt it. Even if you did, you probably can't port the WiMAX drivers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh thanks to you I'm now able to root my Eclipse. Bliss.

    I also tried the latest SuperOneClick 2.3.3, won't work, has to be 1.6.5 as you posted.

    Tried to use USB OTG Helper but with no luck.. meh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How do you turn on download mode in yes eclipse ?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts